General News

Summer Series Race 1 – Postponed

Due to the high fire risk and the high number of volunteers needed to manage the event due to the fire risk, the Adelaide Mountain Bike Club committee has taken the decision to postpone Sundays event at Craigburn Farm. A new date will be advised after Monday nights club meeting.

Any current entries will be held for the new date, once this is finalised.

We apologise to anyone who was eager to race, but we don’t take these decisions lightly and have to take many factors into account. After considering all the options the best decision was to cancel Sundays event and place another date into the calendar and hope for better conditions on the future dates.

Just a reminder that the club has number of committee positions vacant, including Race Director and President. If you are interested, please attend the general club meeting on Monday evening, which is open to any mountain bikers, club members and non-members.

In the interests of safety, please keep an eye on the Parks SA website to check for park closures due to fire risks. Or, check the full list of park closures.

You can also subscribe to their updates, and be sure to select ‘Fire News’ so you can receive their emails in case you forget to check for park closures.

All forest reserves are closed to the public on declared Total Fire Ban days.

Leave a Reply