Some words from the race director:
So recently we released the 2017 race calendar. There is an absence of a summer series. Why? Well, there’s a few reasons:
- Everyone needs a break. The club has been averaging 11 events for the last 3 years. This means we literally finish one race and are already looking at the next. It’s nice to have a break;
- I couldn’t have organised access in time for this year. I will add that I have no intention of running a summer series next year either;
- The effort/risk involved to organise a race up to the day before a race and then have to cancel due to heat/TFB is to great for me;
- I’m on holiday for a large chunk of the prime summer racing time;
- If you really need your racing fix, Port Adelaide Cycling Club run a number of cyclocross races that have an open category you could enter.
More details about the scheduled races will come out as I get event approval. At this stage, hang tight and more information will be distributed as I can confirm it. If you’d like to contact me about the 2017 season, feel free to contact me via email@example.com