|Round 1||Sat 27 March 2021||O'HALLORAN HILL|
|Round 2||Sun 18 April 2021||PROSPECT HILL|
|Round 3||Sun 30 May 2021||CRAIGBURN FARM|
The AMBC XCM events are races where duos or solo competitors challenge themselves to complete as many laps of an extended cross country course over a 4 hour period. The winner is the competitor or duo that completes the most laps, where no additional laps may begin after the 4 hour period. Total race time is used to rank riders who complete an equal number of laps.
Twilight Race: (O’Halloran Hill)
3.00 PM REGO OPEN
4.00 PM START TIME
6:00 PM LIGHTS REQUIRED ON ALL BIKES STARTING LAPS
8:00 PM Course closed- No riders allowed to continue racing, unless already on course.
Morning Races: (Prospect Hill and Craigburn Farm)
8:15 AM REGO OPEN
9:00 AM START TIME
1:00 PM Course closed- No riders allowed to continue racing, unless already on course.
Official award presentations will begin approx 20 minutes after the race finish.
- Race categories
- Registration and entry
- Entry fees
- Prizes and sponsors
- Race courses
|Solo Male – A, B, C, D ability options|
|Solo Female – A, B, C ability options|
|Duo Male, Female or Mixed|
|U19 duo (includes U17 and U15 categories)|
|U19 M/F – 4hr solo|
|U17 M/F – 2hr solo|
|U15 M/F – 2hr solo|
Age categories are calculated based on age on 31st December.
Registration via entryboss
|Each rider in a (non Junior) duo||$31|
|Juniors and each rider in a Junior duo||$21|
Please contact the Junior Coordinator – email@example.com – to assist with forming teams, and clarification of junior categories.
The race tracks will consists of a mixture of singletrack and fireroads. The length of the course will be somewhere between 7km and 20km depending on the terrain. The aim is to provide a lap that the fastest elite riders will complete in about 35 mins. All technical abilities will be catered for.
Difficult technical sections will have easier “B-lines” or be made easy to walk if necessary. The course will be marked using AMBC arrows, surveyors paint on the ground and / or surveyors tape in trees or fences. Every attempt will be made to mark the course as extensively as possible but riders need to be aware that some onus is on them to make sure they know where they are going.
Each event will have a large transition / feed area directly next to the start / finish line. Duos and support crew will be able to setup next to the track in this area and parking will be available as close as possible.
Additional Race Rules for XCM Series
- The XCM Series rules supplement the generic club Race Rules.
- There will be one mass start for the XCM races, with self seeding being used on the start line.
- The aim is to do as many laps as you or your duo can do in the allocated time.
- To be classified as a finisher a solo rider need only complete 1 lap while duos require each member to complete at least 1 lap.
- Competitors can stop riding and rest or finish at any time they choose, however they must inform the timing officials of their decision to finish before the 4 hour point. Failure to do this may result in a DNF. Once this notification has been given, no members of the duo are allowed to re-enter the race course.
- The riders or duos who have completed the most number of laps will be declared winner. If there are an equal number of laps then the winner is decided on the elapsed time.
- Duos can only have 1 rider on course at any given time and rider changeover must be made by physical contact in the transition area directly after the start / finish line.
- Rider changeovers cannot occur in any other area.
- At the finish time (precisely) the course will close and no further riders will be allowed to start a lap.
- Riders who are on course at this point will be allowed to complete their current lap and this lap will count towards their lap total.
For all results, please check the Results page. Announcements of results will be made on the home page when available.