The results page has been updated – click here – in ye ‘ol faithful PDF format.
The next race is a 4 hour enduro at Fox Creek on 25th June 2017. Course map will hopefully be out this weekend with a GPS file to follow suit.
Registration is available – click here
Welcome to the click here post – aptly timed in the face of internet security!
Course map has been released (quite a while ago on Facebook – the websites arch enemy!):
Download link – click here
A course GPX file is available to download – click here
Entry is available until 10am this Saturday- click here
We revert back to the “traditional” AMBC Enduro rules (as opposed to the 8 hour rules). This means any lap started before the cut off time (4 hours) and finished after still counts. A full read of the rules is available on the clubs website – click here – and remember that these rules compliment MTBAs rider etiquette rules and race rules (which you agree to abide to when you sign onto your license – day, trial or annual) SO BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!
That’s right – Easter Sunday means you can be hunting eggs while riding your bike around MTB trails for 8 hours. Do it solo, in pairs or a team of 4 (“quad”).
Registration is available – click here
What are the basics? Glad you asked!
- Sign on, start, finish, set up and pack up?
- Set up will be occurring on Sat 15th April – volunteers welcome. Pre-course ride to occur after setup;
- Registration will open at 11am for the main event;
- Start time – 12:00 (midday);
- Finish time – 20:00 (8pm) – no laps counted after this!
- Presentation will start at aprox. 20:15-20:20
- Pack up will occur the following day – volunteers welcome. Post race banter will occur.
- Categories (take a breath, this is a long list!). Registration is available from this link starting 06 Mar @ 06:00.
- Elite – $40.00pp
- Solo – $40.00pp
- Solo 40+ – $40.00pp
- Duo – $25.00pp ($50.00 a team)
- Team of 4 – $15.00pp ($60.00 a team)
- Junior (U15) – $10.00pp ($40.00 a team)
- Junior (U13 – 4 hr short course) – $10.00pp ($40.00 a team)
- Light requirements:
- Lights will be required for any competitor starting a lap after 17:30.
- Defining a light? You must have:
- One red rear and one white front light.
- The rear light should be on solid and does not need to blind people 50km away enjoying the sofa at home.
- The front light should be bright enough for you to feel comfortable riding through a pine forest at night. If it can blind the person 50km away enjoying the sofa I suppose we’ll get one more angry spectator!
- Don’t have lights? Ask around – you never know who might have some spare sets laying around.
Juniors – if you’re looking to join a team then get in contact with the Junior Coordinators – firstname.lastname@example.org – and get chatting. A breakdown of the Junior categories:
- Solo Juniors, full course – must be 16 years of age in 2017 – born in 2001 and before;
- U15 teams teams of 4, full course – born in 2003 & 2004;
- U13 teams teams of 4 – born in 2005 & 2006 – racing on a short course (aprox. 4-5kms) for 4 hours.
There is also an option to register individual juniors and be teamed up on the day. If you are choosing this option please notify email@example.com so that we can be prepared on the day. Select the option “Junior individual team entry” when registering.
Picture of the proposed race track is below. A GPX file is available – click here
If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Some words from the race director:
So recently we released the 2017 race calendar. There is an absence of a summer series. Why? Well, there’s a few reasons:
- Everyone needs a break. The club has been averaging 11 events for the last 3 years. This means we literally finish one race and are already looking at the next. It’s nice to have a break;
- I couldn’t have organised access in time for this year. I will add that I have no intention of running a summer series next year either;
- The effort/risk involved to organise a race up to the day before a race and then have to cancel due to heat/TFB is to great for me;
- I’m on holiday for a large chunk of the prime summer racing time;
- If you really need your racing fix, Port Adelaide Cycling Club run a number of cyclocross races that have an open category you could enter.
More details about the scheduled races will come out as I get event approval. At this stage, hang tight and more information will be distributed as I can confirm it. If you’d like to contact me about the 2017 season, feel free to contact me via email@example.com
Mountain Bike Australia (MTBA) are seeking feedback on some important MTB projects that have been progressing over the last 10 months or so that relate to trail development and the MTB trail industry. To have your say visit the National Mountain Bike Trail Projects Survey. Survey closes 27 November 2016. Option papers can be viewed on MTBA’s website: http://www.mtba.asn.au/trails/