The results page has been updated – click here – in ye ‘ol faithful PDF format.
The next race is a 4 hour enduro at Fox Creek on 25th June 2017. Course map will hopefully be out this weekend with a GPS file to follow suit.
Registration is available – click here
Welcome to the click here post – aptly timed in the face of internet security!
Course map has been released (quite a while ago on Facebook – the websites arch enemy!):
Download link – click here
A course GPX file is available to download – click here
Entry is available until 10am this Saturday- click here
We revert back to the “traditional” AMBC Enduro rules (as opposed to the 8 hour rules). This means any lap started before the cut off time (4 hours) and finished after still counts. A full read of the rules is available on the clubs website – click here – and remember that these rules compliment MTBAs rider etiquette rules and race rules (which you agree to abide to when you sign onto your license – day, trial or annual) SO BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER!
That’s right – Easter Sunday means you can be hunting eggs while riding your bike around MTB trails for 8 hours. Do it solo, in pairs or a team of 4 (“quad”).
Registration is available – click here
What are the basics? Glad you asked!
- Sign on, start, finish, set up and pack up?
- Set up will be occurring on Sat 15th April – volunteers welcome. Pre-course ride to occur after setup;
- Registration will open at 11am for the main event;
- Start time – 12:00 (midday);
- Finish time – 20:00 (8pm) – no laps counted after this!
- Presentation will start at aprox. 20:15-20:20
- Pack up will occur the following day – volunteers welcome. Post race banter will occur.
- Categories (take a breath, this is a long list!). Registration is available from this link starting 06 Mar @ 06:00.
- Elite – $40.00pp
- Solo – $40.00pp
- Solo 40+ – $40.00pp
- Duo – $25.00pp ($50.00 a team)
- Team of 4 – $15.00pp ($60.00 a team)
- Junior (U15) – $10.00pp ($40.00 a team)
- Junior (U13 – 4 hr short course) – $10.00pp ($40.00 a team)
- Light requirements:
- Lights will be required for any competitor starting a lap after 17:30.
- Defining a light? You must have:
- One red rear and one white front light.
- The rear light should be on solid and does not need to blind people 50km away enjoying the sofa at home.
- The front light should be bright enough for you to feel comfortable riding through a pine forest at night. If it can blind the person 50km away enjoying the sofa I suppose we’ll get one more angry spectator!
- Don’t have lights? Ask around – you never know who might have some spare sets laying around.
Juniors – if you’re looking to join a team then get in contact with the Junior Coordinators – email@example.com – and get chatting. A breakdown of the Junior categories:
- Solo Juniors, full course – must be 16 years of age in 2017 – born in 2001 and before;
- U15 teams teams of 4, full course – born in 2003 & 2004;
- U13 teams teams of 4 – born in 2005 & 2006 – racing on a short course (aprox. 4-5kms) for 4 hours.
There is also an option to register individual juniors and be teamed up on the day. If you are choosing this option please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can be prepared on the day. Select the option “Junior individual team entry” when registering.
Picture of the proposed race track is below. A GPX file is available – click here
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com for more information.
Some words from the race director:
So recently we released the 2017 race calendar. There is an absence of a summer series. Why? Well, there’s a few reasons:
- Everyone needs a break. The club has been averaging 11 events for the last 3 years. This means we literally finish one race and are already looking at the next. It’s nice to have a break;
- I couldn’t have organised access in time for this year. I will add that I have no intention of running a summer series next year either;
- The effort/risk involved to organise a race up to the day before a race and then have to cancel due to heat/TFB is to great for me;
- I’m on holiday for a large chunk of the prime summer racing time;
- If you really need your racing fix, Port Adelaide Cycling Club run a number of cyclocross races that have an open category you could enter.
More details about the scheduled races will come out as I get event approval. At this stage, hang tight and more information will be distributed as I can confirm it. If you’d like to contact me about the 2017 season, feel free to contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org
See the results page – click here