That’s right – Easter Sunday means you can be hunting eggs while riding your bike around MTB trails for 8 hours. Do it solo, in pairs or a team of 4 (“quad”).
Registration is available – click here
What are the basics? Glad you asked!
- Sign on, start, finish, set up and pack up?
- Set up will be occurring on Sat 15th April – volunteers welcome. Pre-course ride to occur after setup;
- Registration will open at 11am for the main event;
- Start time – 12:00 (midday);
- Finish time – 20:00 (8pm) – no laps counted after this!
- Presentation will start at aprox. 20:15-20:20
- Pack up will occur the following day – volunteers welcome. Post race banter will occur.
- Categories (take a breath, this is a long list!). Registration is available from this link starting 06 Mar @ 06:00.
- Elite – $40.00pp
- Solo – $40.00pp
- Solo 40+ – $40.00pp
- Duo – $25.00pp ($50.00 a team)
- Team of 4 – $15.00pp ($60.00 a team)
- Junior (U15) – $10.00pp ($40.00 a team)
- Junior (U13 – 4 hr short course) – $10.00pp ($40.00 a team)
- Elite – $40.00pp
- Light requirements:
- Lights will be required for any competitor starting a lap after 17:30.
- Defining a light? You must have:
- One red rear and one white front light.
- The rear light should be on solid and does not need to blind people 50km away enjoying the sofa at home.
- The front light should be bright enough for you to feel comfortable riding through a pine forest at night. If it can blind the person 50km away enjoying the sofa I suppose we’ll get one more angry spectator!
- Don’t have lights? Ask around – you never know who might have some spare sets laying around.
Juniors – if you’re looking to join a team then get in contact with the Junior Coordinators – email@example.com – and get chatting. A breakdown of the Junior categories:
- Solo Juniors, full course – must be 16 years of age in 2017 – born in 2001 and before;
- U15 teams teams of 4, full course – born in 2003 & 2004;
- U13 teams teams of 4 – born in 2005 & 2006 – racing on a short course (aprox. 4-5kms) for 4 hours.
There is also an option to register individual juniors and be teamed up on the day. If you are choosing this option please notify firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can be prepared on the day. Select the option “Junior individual team entry” when registering.
Picture of the proposed race track is below. A GPX file is available – click here
If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com for more information.